You Are Reading

1

358: Kama Karma

Jap Monday, August 9, 2010 , ,

Sometimes we get pushed to our limits that we think there is no justice in this world.  But once in a while the natural laws of the universe kick in and we get a taste of victory that reminds us the fight is not over yet.

I spent most of the day trying to put everything in order in the new flat.  Since the day we moved in the villa, the heaps of luggage slowly diminished.  Our small room is now filled with plastic cases, drawers and containers.  Each container filled with roughly organized items.  I've had enough cleaning up for the day so I decided to drag Van to the town center to look for a double-deck bed, our kama.

A few months ago, when our boss first told us of our move, I wrote him a letter asking for some amount of money to cover our expenses during the transfer.  That amount would have paid for our bed.  My proposal was declined.  I understood because I thought then that HK$ 4,000 was way over the top.

This afternoon, I was surprised and a bit vindicated when we saw the prices of the furniture.  The cheapest double-deck bed we found was already HK$3,000 and that's without the mattress.  Somehow I felt glad that they didn't grant my request.  Now they'll have to buy the bed we found or else they can look for the cheapest one themselves.

Karma is a good friend.  It always shows up at the right time.  Things will probably start to get better after all.

Quick Question of the day: Do you believe in Karma?
Leave your comments to this post or your creative responses to the QQ by clicking on the orange number beside the post title. Click on Like if you enjoyed reading, Share on Facebook if you think it's a good read.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment