You Are Reading

3

352: Unbalance

Jap Sunday, August 15, 2010 , ,

It was my first time to do laundry in the new place yesterday and I spent almost the whole afternoon doing a few clothes.  The culprit was the washing machine itself, an ancient piece of machinery that threatened to explode every time I pushed a button.

It took me five minutes to look for the detergent drawer that never existed on the machine.  Three minutes to figure out how to make things work.  And five hours to finish 25 pieces of shirts and undies.

The cycle was set to wash-spin-rinse-spin-rinse-spin-rinse-spin.  But with the "unbalance" feature of the machine, it took forever because the wobbly drum set off the alarm.

Load-push button-wash-spin-stop (unbalance)-spin-stop (unbalance)-spin-rinse-spin-stop (unbalance) and so on.

I finally got the rhythm of the blasted thing and got the last batch done around 8 PM.

I don't know if I should be happy about the "unbalance" feature of that machine.  It's a freaking pilot light that goes on and abruptly stops the machine when the drum is doing a dance.

I can't imagine how my housemates can live like that!  Why would they allow a machine to take over their life?  Someone should install a pilot light on their head.  Perhaps when their minds are unbalanced, they'll know they need a kick in the head.

Quick Question of the day: What's your most frustrating encounter with a household appliance?

Leave your comments to this post or your creative responses to the QQ by clicking on the orange number beside the post title. Click on Like if you enjoyed reading, Share on Facebook if you think it's a good read.

3 comments:

Forever59er said...

Hi Japs. Great to hear from you. Of course I remember your blogs and how we used to visit each other. The good old days, ha?

Hey didn't I invite you to join the writing team of the Philippine Online Chronicles. that was the time i needed ofw and expat contributors to its buhay pinoy channel which I edit. I still need them now but ... the thing is the POC management still has to find a way of paying overseas writers.

Take care.

Forever59er said...

forever59er? that was me .. anna

Jap said...

Anna, thanks for dropping by. It would be a pleasure to join your team at POC...just let me know if you need an article =D

Post a Comment