You Are Reading

4

356: Holiday

Jap Wednesday, August 11, 2010 , ,

I have just gotten out of the bathroom when I received a text message from my boss.  He wanted me to fax my plane ticket as soon as possible.

Two weeks ago, just right after my visa extension was granted, I applied for my annual leave.  I also got my salary in advance because I "needed it to buy a plane ticket to the Philippines."  It might have been a lie.  But I'm entitled to my annual leave and my salary anyway and where I'm headed or how I spend my money is none of my boss' business.

That's why I wasn't so sure if I'm going to be happy with the text message or be pissed off.  I texted him back that I decided not to go home but I'm still taking the leave as requested and as approved.

                          (Thought I'd get in the mood for my summer Holiday)

Tonight, I was walking around town trying to find something to do.  On my way home I realized that if I'm not going anywhere for almost a week, I'll probably dry up and turn into stone.  I've decided to watch a movie tomorrow, but after that, I'm done.  I'll probably be busy during the evenings but a whole day of nothing seems such a waste of time.  Already, you can see how empty this post is because of an uneventful day.


Quick Question of the day: What's a good activity for my summer holiday?

Leave your comments to this post or your creative responses to the QQ by clicking on the orange number beside the post title. Click on Like if you enjoyed reading, Share on Facebook if you think it's a good read.

4 comments:

sometimes Kim sometimes Mj said...

Why don't you just hop on a plane and come home, it's kadayawan baby!

Jap said...

I know, Kim. Unfortunately, I only have a few days left before I get back to work next week =(

kala said...

BEEEACCCCH!

I don't see how people can be bored in HK, but I haven't really lived there, so :D I'm sure you'll find something fun to do around there. Just be sure to get out and not just sit around with Van moping, ok?

Jap said...

Oh, Kala, you'll be so proud of me! I found the most worthwhile thing to do this summer. You'll find out soon in a post but I won't leave you without a clue because I know it'll kill you with anticip.............

Post a Comment