You Are Reading

0

353: Anticip...

Jap Saturday, August 14, 2010 , ,

I slept at 5:00 AM this morning because I had to do two things: 1.  Finish the minutes of the staff meeting and 2. Practice Eddie's Teddy for...

Weeks ago, Rye was talking about rehearsals on Facebook.  When I found out what it was, I asked Van to ask Rye if we can score some free tickets to the show.  We were in for a better deal instead.  Rye invited us to be part of the chorus for the...

We said yes.  We had a few doubts but it was an opportunity that's too hard to pass.  How often do you get invited, past auditions, to sing and dance for a cult classic such as...

So, Rye sent us the schedules right away.  He also gave us some videos of their practices.  It was homework.  I was already familiar with the musical because I have seen the film version before.  To be honest, although I did enjoy it, I thought the songs weren't catchy enough.  But homework is important so I watched the film again last night and gave the practice videos a spin.  The songs finally grew on me after watching the numbers over and over again.  I decided to focus on one song.  Only I chose the wrong song to learn.  I learned Eddie's Teddy and not Time Warp which is one of the big numbers in...

I arrived late on my first practice with the chorus.  I had an excuse but I know in such cases, excuses will not help the production.  I was shy.  There will be dancing thus, there will be blood.  And then I found out that the day's agenda was Time Warp.  I fainted inside.  If I'm going to do the pelvic thrust the whole summer, I'm not only going to go insane but I'll probably loose some flab off my tummy and get laid in the process.  I decided to rock it because in fact, this show is called...

The rest of the afternoon went rather surprisingly well.  Van and I were in a much better mood.  Rye assured me that a creative outlet would lessen our woes and he was as right as his chocolate nail polish.  If things go well, I'll surely enjoy the rest of the summer, even all throughout autumn, thanks to...

This afternoon, I got to see part of Darren's (not really sure of the name) portrayal of Frank N. Furter.  And watching him sing Sweet Transvestite live was a real treat!  My favorite part of the song was when Frank says "anticip..." and it just kills you with anticipation of course.  I won't do that to you, dear reader.  As if you haven't figured it out yet, the show is...

Quick Question of the day: Do you like The Rocky Horror Show (or The Rocky Horror Picture Show)?

Leave your comments to this post or your creative responses to the QQ by clicking on the orange number beside the post title. Click on Like if you enjoyed reading, Share on Facebook if you think it's a good read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment