You Are Reading

0

347: Word on the Street

Jap Friday, August 20, 2010 , ,

A few times on my post, I've added photos from one of the greatest inventions that came out of the interwebs--Google's Street View.  So far, the application has been flawless when I try to locate familiar places which I can use in my blog.  Taking it to the test is a different thing.  Would you trust technology when you're late for a rehearsal at a new venue?

So this is how they do it! =P
Our director sent an email regarding the new venue.  Perfect time to test the power of Google's Street View, I thought.  Hong Kong is lucky to be one of the few cities in Asia that has been mapped in Street View.  I got to it.  I found the venue, found bus routes and traced the bus route turn by turn.  It's as if you're driving in stop motion.

Sitting behind a computer is safe but it's better to see if the technology is accurate enough to be trusted.  Tomorrow, it's off to an unknown place with only the images from Street View in mind.  Google better bring me to my destination safe or the street's the war zone.

Quick Question of the day: What's your favorite new technology? 

Leave your comments to this post or your creative responses to the QQ by clicking on the orange number beside the post title. Click on Like if you enjoyed reading, Share on Facebook if you think it's a good read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment