You Are Reading

3

350: Time Warp

Jap Tuesday, August 17, 2010 , ,

"God, if you're there, here's how I want to go: a heart attack, a tragic car accident, or while I'm sleeping.  None of those long-term cancers that take you to an agony trip for six months before your time is up.  I want it fast and quick," I said to the ceiling because we all assume God is somewhere up there.  And then I looked at Courteney on the sofa, laughing.  "You're weird," she said.

We rehearsed Time Warp tonight.  The number is confusingly fast!  I was trying my best to keep up but sometimes the split-second you take to think of the next step can get you behind.  Time warping abilities would come in handy.
   
It's a jump to the left for slow-motion!

The last few days, I have met some wonderful people.  The chorus alone was a wealth of colorful personalities and in tonight's practice, I finally warmed up a little bit to some of them.  It might be a while before I get chatty with most of them but the introductions will do for now.  There's an Adam, a Matthew, a Caitlin, an Amber and a Jay.  Rye and Jason made me feel right at home of course even when Van missed the rehearsal.   

And a step to the right to fast forward.

After rehearsal, I met up with Van at Derek's so he can introduce me to a friend.  Courteney, is a twenty-year-old dark blonde beauty who refused to be Adele's doppelganger.  Understandable because Adele's fat and Courteney is hot!  (Forgiven?) The three of us were enjoying apple juice and I was inhaling the first gust of second-hand smoke when we discussed death.   

Bring your knees in tight to rewind.

Photo by Van Tengga.  Timepieces pieces time.
Then I remembered something that has bothered me some weeks ago when I was tagged in some college photos.  I found out that I can't remember the last years of my teenage life very clearly.  I shared this with my two bored apple-juice-drinking friends.  They could not be bothered of course but it was quite alarming for me.  Is it normal for a 32 year-old to start forgetting his teenage years?  Or was it because I have been conked out most of the time during my late teens?  

It's the pelvic thrust that drives you insane and drives you back to the present time.

Van and Courteney were kind enough to walk me down from mid-levels to Lan Kwai Fong.  I had thirty minutes to spare before the last bus leaves.  I thought I'd see if I can get lucky in Central.  Let's just say that the last line of Time Warp's chorus can drive you insane indeed.  Next rehearsal, I'm ready to do the Time Warp again.

Quick Question of the day: If you can go to any point in time, when would it be?

Leave your comments to this post or your creative responses to the QQ by clicking on the orange number beside the post title. Click on Like if you enjoyed reading, Share on Facebook if you think it's a good read.

3 comments:

kala said...

Dude, maybe it IS because you were conked out during those years, LOL!!! I can't remember the year after I graduated and those months I spent freelancing. That was some powerful weed I was smoking back then. Ahem.

Jap said...

Kala, it's so frustrating to even try to recall. I see photos of myself in different places but I have no recollection of being there. Scary, no? I hope you don't regret being such a pothead back then? hahaha

kala said...

That is kind of scary, sort of like it wasn't really you in those places... wow, that's giving me the creeps! Sounds like a Twilight Zone episode!

Post a Comment